Unable to work
Are you a professional musician or someone who works in a music-related profession? Are you struggling financially because of accident, illness or some other crisis? We may be able to help you.
Life as a professional musician is demanding and we know from years of experience that musicians encounter all sorts of problems. You may have had an accident or you may be ill, or perhaps you are experiencing emotional difficulties. We are here to provide support, in confidence, when you need it most.
Who can we help?
- We define ‘musician’ as anyone who performs, creates or teaches music
- We define ‘professional’ as someone who has earned their living solely from music or a music-related profession for at least three years or for a significant proportion of their working life
- If you are just starting out in the music business and have worked for less than three years, we may still be able to help
Closely related professions
- We are able to help those whose work contributes significantly to the world of music such as piano tuners, orchestra managers, recording engineers, instrument makers, music librarians and critics
Dependants of music professionals
- If your partner was a music professional and has recently passed away then we may be able to help you
See our FAQs section for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to someone in confidence call our Freephone Application Helpline on 0800 082 6700
How can we help you?
We will look at your case individually and confidentially. You may need short-term help for a particular crisis or it may be necessary for us to look at a package of longer term support. We know from experience that every person is different, with an individual set of circumstances. Whatever your situation, we will help if we can, even if that help is simply offering advice and identifying other sources of help.
How we help
How to apply