There will be 3 deadlines per year and decisions will normally be made within 1 month of the application deadline.
Application is by online form. You will be asked to provide a biography outlining your artistic and career achievements to date along with details of the specific career development opportunity you wish to apply for funding for (including information about the costs associated with this opportunity).
If relevant, you will have the opportunity to submit supporting evidence in the form of recordings, videos and weblinks.
You must also supply a reference from an eminent musician or music professional not connected with your application. They should submit the online form themselves. Alternatively, we are happy to receive references (directly from the referee) via email or letter, provided they answer the same questions as the online form.
All materials must be received by the closing date.
HOW WILL APPLICATIONS BE ASSESSED?
Applications will be assessed by a panel which will include independent advisors. Each round is likely to be highly competitive. Panels will review all submitted information and will be asked to consider:
- Your artistic achievements and the impact you are currently making in your field
- The likely benefit to your creative and career development of the opportunity described
- The impact a Career Development Bursary would have for you as an artist
If you are successful
- You will normally be notified of the result within 1 month of the application deadline
- The panel’s decision is final
- We reserve the right to withdraw or reduce funding should you plans change after an award offer is made
- You will be expected to use your Career Development Bursary with one year
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7239 9119.
We are unable to offer detailed application advice but can answer questions about eligibility.