An opportunity for emerging artists/bands with managers, labels, producers (or those artists choosing a more DIY approach to their careers) to access a fully funded programme of support, guidance and artistic development.
Supported by mentors in Northern Ireland, this open scheme nurtures a team including artist/band, emerging managers, indie labels or producers to achieve their ambitions and create a stronger infrastructure within Northern Ireland over three years. If you want to perfect your skills as the team behind a successful gigging or recording artist/band, this scheme will offer you an opportunity to learn and grow together.
This pilot project offers three years of support to Northern Ireland based emerging artists and the teams around them. Our definition of a team includes an artist/band acting as their own manager, producer or indie label or working with others who are taking on those roles. We are looking for teams that already exist and have started working together. We are not putting teams together for this scheme as the synergy and desire to work together has to have been established already.
Who can apply?
We want to find an emerging artist and supportive team who have worked together already.
You must apply as either an individual musician or a band in the early stages of your careers with any one of the following: a manager, indie label or producer as part of your team.
- Within the team you must nominate one person to complete the application form.
- All of the team must be aged between 18 – 35
- Within the team, at least 75% must be living in Northern Ireland and be eligible to work there
- You should be able to demonstrate musical excellence
- You must have a genuine commitment to building a professional career in music
- You must be able to demonstrate financial need
- You must be able to demonstrate a commitment and have sufficient time to focus on your music during the three year period
How to apply
First read the guidelines which set out in more detail who can apply and what we're looking for.
Then, complete the online application form. Your team will need to fill out the online application form by 1.00pm on 13 January 2017.
Then, supply a reference. You must also supply a reference from an eminent musician or music professional not connected with your application.
Finally, include two tracks. Select two tracks that you consider your best music to date and upload these on the application form using links to Soundcloud, YouTube or you can send a mp3 file to email@example.com Please put your name, band name and 3:3 in the subject line of your email.