3:3 Three Bands in Three Years is an opportunity for emerging artists or bands who have support from either a manager, a label or producer to access a fully funded programme of support, guidance and artistic development, tailored to their own needs and development plans.
Supported by mentors in Northern Ireland, this open and multi-layered funding scheme offers a bespoke approach to artistic development, providing a framework to nurture an artist and their team to identify and realise their ambitions, ultimately supporting the music infrastructure within Northern Ireland to strengthen over three years.
The three artists confirmed to receive this fantastic opportunity are:
The Wood Burning Savages with support from their manager, Peter Cinnamond, producer Rocky O’Reilly and their label Mirador.
Sam Wickens with support from manager John Dynes, producer Les Hume and label Dootdoot music ltd.
ROE with support from managers Liam Craig and Paul Brown and the label Fictive Kin.
This three-year programme will help support bands and the team around them to reach their full potential and be ready to launch national or international careers.
Each artist will be able to access a tailored programme of activity, which could include:
• Recording (An EP or album)
• Freelance/ SME business support
• Performing within local gig circuit
• Local and UK PR
• Radio and media plugging
• Financing your career
• Applying for funding
• Crowd funding
• Creating a touring programme across regional venues, large venues and festivals
• Music Industry Showcases (Nationally and Internationally)
• Business Plan
• Marketing Plan
In addition to the structured mentoring support, teams will have exclusive access to seminars and networking opportunities in Northern Ireland. The series will cover topics such as:
• Promotion and social media
• Legal rights and contracts
• DIY approach or indie record label, what’s best?
• How to be self employed in the music industry and earning an income.
• How will technology help earn an income and develop artistic practice.
• How to put on small gigs within NI and UK
• Applying and preparing for International Showcase opportunities