In response to the current climate, we have launched an adapted round of our existing Do It Differently Fund, offering musicians a way to to keep developing where possible in the face of this unsteady period.
We’ve already witnessed musicians across the UK respond to the pandemic crisis with resilience and innovation, but we also know this requires energy and resource. This tailored round of Do It Differently offers a bespoke package of creative funding and expert advice, designed to help musicians consider how they can adapt and sustain their music careers through this time.
Following the online application process detailing their creative project, awarded musicians will receive a grant of £3,000 to bring it to life and business coaching via Skype to help shape their future.
Do It Differently has previously stated that marketing and PR should not make up more than 50% of a project’s budget. However we are relaxing this requirement for these special rounds of the Do it Differently Fund, acknowledging that musicians may find it valuable time to spend working on their online presence, developing promotional activity and reaching new audiences.
This round of Do it Differently is looking for musical projects that find new ways of remaining creative and collaborative during the downtime created by self-isolation. For example, you may:
- Need to reshape your current business plans in the context of the changing domestic and global situations
- Have lost work you had planned for the coming months and want to repurpose this time to focus on your creative ambitions
- Already be exploring ways of using technology to support your next collaboration or recording and need some support to get this up and running
- Be wondering how to promote your planned release in a time of uncertainty and change
- Want to take the opportunity to adapt to a changing commercial environment and consider new and innovative ways to distribute your music and build an online fanbase
The 1-on-1 business advice sessions are with the UK music industry’s leading experts and feature topics most relevant to each individual awardee, bolstering musicians to have a sustainable career in music.
As always, each awardee as part of Do it Differently will receive fully subsidised Pro Membership to the Featured Artists Coalition and BAPAM will be offering free online education tools for artists supported by the Fund.
Read more about the COVID-19 round of Do It Differently and apply here.