DIY Community Fundraising: Terms and Conditions
By organising your own activity or event you must agree to the below terms and conditions
Thank you for supporting Help Musicians.
These rules apply to all voluntary fundraising activity by individuals or a group of individuals (except challenge events) and by signing up to fundraise for Help Musicians you agree to comply with them.
Organising your activity or event
1. If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
2. You will comply with our policy not to allow children to raise funds without adult participation, in respect of any activities which include public collections, or in events which are dangerous for children.
3. The activity or event is your responsibility and Help Musicians take on no responsibility or liability for the event.
4. You are responsible for the health and safety of all involved in your activity or event.
5. You are responsible for ensuring food hygiene and ensure that all relevant licenses are in place.
6. If alcohol is present and/or served at an event you are hosting, you agree to implement the proper legal ID and consumption measures.
7. You will only use lawful means to fundraise for us and will not bring the charity’s name into disrepute. You will also observe the following fundraising rules:
- Unless Help Musicians has provided you with branded materials, you will not use the Help Musicians or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from Help Musicians and will allow Help Musicians to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
- You will tell sponsors you are raising money “in aid of” Help Musicians and use the logo supplied. You will make clear to those who support your fundraising that any money raised you will send into Help Musicians to be treated as a donation.
- You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
- You will not incur Help Musicians any cost, claim, loss or liability.
- You acknowledge and accept that Help Musician’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities. If appropriate, you will arrange your own insurance and will make sure that contractors and external facilities used can demonstrate evidence or the relevant insurance cover.
- If you do anything that threatens Help Musician’s name, we have the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
- You will contact Help Musicians before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by Help Musicians in connection with this kind of event.
- You will obtain approval from Help Musicians before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
- You will secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
8. You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to Help Musicians as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with below instructions
9. You will ensure that you take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in the Help Musicians name:
- Ensure that if collecting cash, it is counted in the presence of at least one witness and that this amount is written, signed by the witness/es and a cheque for this amount is sent to Help Musicians.
- If using sponsor forms, send Help Musicians your completed forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 4 weeks after my event.
- Ensure that donations of £20 or more made by cheque are payable to ‘Help Musicians’ and ensure that these cheques are sent to the Help Musicians no later than 3 weeks after issue.
- If using sponsor forms, only use forms issued by Help Musicians and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with Help Musicians).
- You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations.
- To keep confidential all sponsorship/donation forms and not disclose personal details (including addresses) of sponsors and donors to anyone else.
10. If you collect personal information from anyone who provides donates or contributes to
your fundraising activity, to ensure that such personal data is treated in accordance with data
protection legislation and protected from loss or unauthorised access and tell us immediately if
any such loss or access occurs.
11. To let us know at the earliest opportunity if you have to withdraw from or cancel your fundraising and immediately return all material containing the names, logo or branding of Help Musicians.
Data and consent
12. By registering for the event, you consent for Help Musicians to contact you by email and phone about your participation include progress with fundraising, how Help Musicians might support and event updates.
14. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when signing up to fundraise for us.
16. You allow consent for Help Musicians to use any digital photographs or videos you provide, to raise awareness or money for the work of Help Musicians. Alternatively if you do not wish your photograph to be used, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
17. Consent will expire at the end of 5 years. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
18. If your donation is matched, for example by your place of work, consent must be sought from Help Musicians if the organisation wants to use the story or logo.
For questions on the DIY community fundraising terms and conditions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support and all the best with your fundraising!