Someone signing a contract

Help Musicians as a charity doesn’t offer legal advice to musicians.

There are a few organisations out there which do offer that service however, and hopefully the following can be a useful starting point.

Care First 

Care First is an independent and confidential counselling, help and support service. Amongst other things, they offer free legal advice.


The ISM offers a range of business and tax services, including help with invoicing, keeping accounts and tax.

Someone typing on an apple laptop

The Law Centres Network 

Law Centres defend the legal rights of people who cannot afford a lawyer, offering legal advice, casework and representation to individuals and groups.

The Musicians’ Union 

The Musicians’ Union represents and advises musicians working across the music industry.