We know that applying for financial support can be a daunting process. To help you get your creative idea across as clearly and completely as possible, we’ve put together a few blogs to help you along at each stage of the process.
Discover how Help Musicians can support you in getting going on your next creative endeavour, and how to get started on your application. These online sessions will guide you through the types of activities for which you can receive support, the application process, common mistakes and top tips, equipping you to write the best possible application.
Upcoming online sessions:
- Wednesday 29 June 2022, 3pm
- Wednesday 6 July 2022, 5pm
- Tuesday 19 July 2022, 1.30pm
- Wednesday 3 August 2022, 5pm
- Thursday 18 August 2022, 1.30pm
- Wednesday 31 August 2022, 5pm
Before you start
Before you get going on your application, there are a few things to consider:
- Identifying the type of support you need
- Once you have selected the support most suited to your needs, make sure you read the guidance to ensure your activity is eligible:
- Understanding the business advice sessions
- Choosing between a written or a video application
Writing your application
Many of the questions in the application form are quick and easy to answer. Some will take a bit longer, and require a bit more depth. Here are some guides to help you through the more detailed questions:
- Writing a budget
- Writing your risk assesment (Touring & Live)
Technical help: using our application portal
If you’re struggling to find your way around the application portal, here are some guides to help you find your way:
- Using the application portal to manage your accepted grant
Results and feedback
What happens after I complete my application? Read our FAQs for more about the process for receiving results and feedback.
If you’re thinking about making an application but have questions about what support might be right for your musical plans, or questions about the application form, you can book a call-back with a member of the team for a dedicated pre-application support session.
We are unable to review previous applications for individual feedback, but we can offer you guidance on making a strong application.