Warming up the voice is not just for singers. Here are some simple daily warm-ups for your voice, even if you’re not performing:
1. Do lip or tongue trills in the morning (try it in the shower or on your drive to work) to facilitate better use of airflow and breath.
2. Perform gentle humming and cooing to warm up your voice in the morning.
3. If you do more vocally complex warm-ups too, such as vocal scales, do the simple warm-ups first.
4. Repeat these exercises throughout the day to reduce muscular tension in the neck, shoulders and jaw.
5. At the end of the day, perform a cool-down of the voice with similar vocal tasks.