This section helps us to understand the extent to which your current situation is having an impact on your finances, and the level of support you may need.
Please ensure you provide as much as information as you can, both about your personal finances and if applicable, the finances of your partner/household so we can appreciate the breadth of your need.
Things to think about when completing this section:
- Think about why you’re applying, and how your situation impacts you financially
- Do you anticipate any changes—positive or negative—to your financial picture in the near future?
- Is the situation you are facing temporary or long-term?
- What other financial help—if any—are you seeking?
- Please provide details of Universal Credit or any other benefits you are receiving
Make sure you include all relevant financial information to support your application, specifically:
- Three months’ bank statements (both current and savings if applicable)
- If you live with a partner, provide the same for them to give the full picture of your household income
- Anything else which is relevant to your reason for applying
As a part of reviewing your application, if there are any benefits which you may be entitled to and are not currently taking advantage of, we will signpost you towards these to make sure you are getting the support you need.
When preparing your bank statements, please keep in mind:
- Statements must be itemized and display the account balance, name of account holder, account number and sort code, and should reflect the address given in the application so it can be matched.
- The account must be a UK account.
- If taking screen shots or attaching pictures of documents, they must be clear and legible.
- If you need to download online statements to include, here is a list of how to do so for main banks: https://yescandomoney.com/how-to-download-and-print-online-bank-statements/
- Bank accounts must be personal accounts, not business accounts.
You may also want to explore the following options for additional support before completing this section of the application:
- If you are unsure about what benefits you may be entitled to, you can use the Turn2Us Benefits Calculator to find out: https://benefits-calculator-2.turn2us.org.uk/
- If you are struggling with a debt burden, the charity StepChange provides free and confidential advice on the best options open to you: https://www.stepchange.org/
- If you have an illness, disability or mental health condition which impacts your everyday life, check if you are entitled to Personal Independence Payment (PIP). This is extra money potentially available on top of Employment and Support Allowance or other benefits: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/