WHAT IS THE TRANSMISSION FUND?
The Transmission Fund is designed to help you build your career by providing grants of £500 - £1500 to fund opportunities allowing you to focus on developing your artistic and professional development at a crucial point in your career. We can support opportunities such as short courses, workshops, training and time limited periods of coaching with an expert in your field both in the UK or internationally. We know that careers differ, so that crucial point could come when you need to focus on your technique several years after graduating from conservatoire or being on the road with your band.
Find out more about previous awardees here
WHO CAN APPLY?
The fund is open to emerging and professional musicians of all genres and disciplines. You can be a solo instrumentalist, composer, vocalist, singer songwriter or a multidisciplinary artist; we can also support bands or ensembles with 6 members or less.
To apply you must be:
- Aged over 21
- Based primarily in the UK and be eligible to work here
- Have been resident in the UK for at least 3 consecutive years
- In financial need and without significant backing
- You must already have an active career to apply to this fund and we want to support those who can demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional ability within their discipline
- High quality musical output
- Regularly working (performances, commissions, releases) at a professional level (getting paid for your work)
- Achievement or the potential to achieve a national or international impact
- An impressive track record
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and dedication toward their career
If applying as a group:
- 50% must meet the criteria as above
- You must have been established and playing together regularly for at least 2 years
WHAT CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
We can support opportunities such as short courses, workshops, training and time limited periods of coaching with an expert in your field both in the UK or internationally. We know that careers differ, so that crucial point could come when you need to focus on your technique several years after graduating from conservatoire or being on the road with your band.
Specific organised development opportunities such as, workshops, artist residencies and short courses (in the past we have funded opportunities such as Banff, Prussia Cove, Aspen, Oxford Lieder, Dublin Brass Week, Bang on the Can, Darmstadt)
Short periods of training and coaching with a leading expert in your field to improve technique or give support and advice ahead of an important performance or recording
We can fund travel, accommodation and access costs relating to the above
Opportunities must be music related
HOW TO APPLY
First, read the application guidelines which set out in detail what we're looking for.
There will be multiple deadlines per year and decisions will be made within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
28 Sept 18
26 Oct 18
Application is by online form. You will be asked to provide a biography outlining your artistic and career achievements to date along with details of the specific career development opportunity you wish to apply for funding for (including information about the costs associated with this opportunity). Offline application form can be viewed here.
You will be required to provide supporting evidence of your music in the form of recordings, videos and weblinks.
You must also supply a reference from an eminent musician or music professional not connected with your application.
As well as your application form and reference form please complete the following confidential equal opportunities monitoring form
All materials including your reference must be received by the closing date otherwise your application will be ineligible.
Please note you can only receive one Transmission Fund per 12 month period